The Official 2017 Matsuricon Photoshoot signups are now CLOSED. The official Matsuricon photoshoot schedule will be available online via PDF through the Facebook group, the main convention official schedule and program guide booklet, and on Matsuricon’s mobile app (coming soon).
Official Photoshoot Rules and Information
- Talk among your fellow cosplayers in the Facebook group or on event pages regarding your specific fandom and discuss when you want to have your photoshoot gathering. Once you have figured out your gathering, please fill out the signup form that will be live from March 1st – June 1st.
- Please remember that once your gathering as been finalized in your group, only one person should fill out the form (preferably the host of the gathering). Multiple submissions will be turned down.
- Photoshoots are first-come, first-served, for 1 hour. If there are multiple shoots scheduled for the same time, locations, and day, the hosts of the shoots will be contacted.
- Multiple shoots will be limited to 1 a day. It’s not uncommon to have 2 or 3 gathering of the same fandom. Please note when scheduling more than one photoshoot.
- There is no current limit to how many separate photoshoots of different fandoms that a host/leader may submit.
- You may create an event page through our Facebook group. There is a guide to creating events here. Events pages are a great way to communicate with those attending your gathering. Please be sure to toggle off the setting “invite all members” to prevent mass spam. Note: Please do NOT create any Facebook event pages before the photoshoot(s) has been officially approved.
If the main leader/host does not show up to their shoot, then they will not be able to submit photoshoot for future years at Matsuricon. Please show up on time and host your photoshoot! Having a leader/host for a photoshoot is highly recommended to keep things organizes. All photoshoots are run by attendees.
- Photoshoot Room 1: (indoors, small & large groups)
A-Pods 113-114 in the Columbus Convention Center will be open from 10a – 11p Friday & Saturday and 10a – 4p on Sunday. Note: There will be room monitors and staff members making sure that shoots start and end on time, and keeping traffic flow to a minimum. Please listen to them and follow the room rules otherwise they may ask you to leave.
- Photoshoot Room 2: (indoors, small & large groups)
A-Pods 120-122 in the Columbus Convention Center will be open from 10a – 11p Friday & Saturday and 10a – 4p on Sunday. Note: There will be room monitors and staff members making sure that shoots start and end on time, and keeping traffic flow to a minimum. Please listen to them and follow the room rules otherwise they may ask you to leave.
- Sensenbrenner Park: (outdoors, small & large groups)
This is the park between the Crowne Plaza and the GCCC/Hyatt.
- Water Fountain: (outdoors, small & large groups)
The water fountain is located at Sensenbrenner Park. Columbus Police have stated that no one is allowed in the water fountain. If you are found in the water by the police, they can arrest you. Be safe when taking photos around the fountain.
You are welcome to share space with fellow groups. If there are any issues please be aware that we may ask groups to move or change times. Sharing is allowed as long as both parties are friendly and can work together with no issues. Only 2 groups are allowed to share locations at a time. This rule may vary depending on group sizes. If sharing locations becomes an issue, we may not allow it in future years.