Applications for Photography badges are CLOSED and Press badges are OPEN for 2017!
- Brass Ring Photography
- Rusted Match Productions
- Matt Sobo Photo
- Otis Casey Photography
- KC Studios
- Little Professor Productions
- Beyond Infinite
- Crit Hit Photography
- Michael P Hoover Photography
- JPF Photography
- Elizabeth-Richelle Photography
- Oddity Photography
- Stephanie Saroiberry Photography
- Vagabond Photography
- Ruffshots Photography
- Brad Conyers Photography
- Red Lazarus Photography
- The Portrait Dude
- Mirrored Borders Cosplay
- Seiren Photography
- Siriomi Joy Photography
- Lilly's Art Photography
- Sketchydrew Photography
- Neptune Media
- RangerGiselle Photography
- Kigu Photography
- Brorito Brotography
- Taylor Loyd Photography
- UMBRA Photography
Please read through the policy before applying to determine if you qualify. If you are a photographer, you may want to apply for a Photographer badge.
Print: Print media are required to present credentials (business cards or a letter on official letterhead) at Con Operations to receive a press pass. Most publications are restricted to a maximum of 2 Press passes. If you wish to pre-apply for a Press pass please email us at email@example.com.
Broadcast: Broadcast media are required to present credentials at Con Operations to receive a press pass. If you wish to pre-apply for a Press pass please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blogs, Vlogs, and Podcasts: Blogs, Vlogs, and Podcasts must pre-register for a Press pass for Matsuricon. Vlogs must have a minimum of 1,000 subscribers. Blogs and Photo Blogs must have a minimum of 1,500 subscribers. Photo Blogs are NOT allowed to do paid photoshoots as Press, please apply for a Photographer badge if you wish to do so. Podcasts must be weekly or bi-weekly and have an average of 1,000 downloads per podcast for the past 6 months, or monthly and have an average of 2,000 downloads per podcast for the past 6 months. If you wish to apply for a Press Pass please email us at email@example.com.
Badges will be available for pickup in Con Operations at the convention. Hours will be posted at a later date.
Matsuricon has revamped their Photographer Policy for 2017. Please read through the policy before applying to determine if you qualify.
At Matsuricon we treat Photographers who conduct paid photoshoots in the same manner as Artist Alley and Dealers. There will be an application process that must be completed. All applications must be submitted by August 7th, 2017. The requirements for Photographers are:
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates previous convention, event, or professional photography experience.
- The portfolio must be available as a public gallery page, such as a Flickr, Picasa, Zenfolio, Facebook Page, Etc.. Personal Facebook pages do not qualify for this requirement. Tumblr pages may qualify, but must be indexed (see c-b-photography.tumblr.com for a great example of indexing, click on “Tags”)
Photographers will be vetted but all skill levels are welcome. Applications will be processed in the order they are received. For 2017 there will be 30 Photographer badges available. The cost of a Photographer badge will be $70.
- Photographer badge holders will be allowed to hold shoots in any of the public areas of the convention center. If asked by convention center or hotel staff to relocate, please follow their instructions.
- Photographers will be allowed to solicit for shoots on the Matsuricon Facebook page (please limit to one post a week).
- Photographers will have access to early seating for the Masquerade (after VIP badge holders).
- Photographers will be listed on the Matsuricon website as approved Photographers.
Photographers soliciting for paid shoots without approval are subject to revocation of their convention badge and/or removal from the convention center.